The number of persons with Covid is increasing in Herefordshire, and there are cases in & around your parishes (Penyard, Goodrich and Llangarron) + Ross-on-Wye.
‘Stop the Spread’ is simple. When mixing with/meeting people who don’t live in your household:
- Wear a mask
- Keep 2m distance
- Wash your hands (and surfaces) after contact
Follow the rules on getting tested and self-isolating:
- Get tested if you develop symptoms and self-isolate whilst awaiting the test result.
- Self-isolate if you test Covid-19 positive or are a contact of someone who has tested positive. When self-isolating you must stay home, shop online, ask friends and family for support.
- Respond to NHS Track and Trace and identify your contacts.
- If you need support Contact the Talk Community on: 01432 260027
- The NHS web site advises on reducing the risk of infection spread at home – go to
- https://www.nhs.uk/conditions – and then follow coronavirus-covid19/ self-isolation.
Minimise the number of in-person contacts:
- Connecting with friends and family is important but connect online whenever possible. If meeting in person keep to the rule of 6 and keep 2m from anyone outside your household.
- Fresh air is important – it helps to remove the virus in the air. So open windows, wear warmer clothes, and when meeting friends, do so outdoors whenever possible.
- Wear a face-mask in indoor places if not at home, and in busy outdoor places.