Held at Walford Village Hall
Wednesday 18 March 2020 at 7.00pm
Councillors: Karen Chinn (Chair), Joanne Akers, Simeon Cole and Monica van Lienden
In attendance: Richard Abolins (Clerk), 1 member of the public
1. Apologies for absence: – Councillors Ruth Dolman and Bob Puzey
2. Declarations of interest and written requests for dispensation: – none.
3. Adoption of Minutes of previous meeting: – It was resolved to adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 26 February 2020 as a true and accurate record. They were signed by the Chair.
4. Public participation session: – There were no questions.
5. Financial information: –
5.1 The Income and Expenditure account for February was received. Cllr Cole asked how much was left on the lengthsman budget which was approximately £800. He was concerned that there was work in hand to spend this, but it might not be completed before the year end. The RFO said that it was possible to make a reserve provision for such projects.
5.2 All members had received the bank statements and reconciliation before the meeting and Cllr Akers signed the bank reconciliation as being accurate.
6. Payments: –
6.1 It was resolved to approve the payments on Appendix 3.
6.2 It was resolved to ratify the payments on Appendix 3.
7. Responsible Financial Officer: – local parish clerks had been contacted and Cllr Akers was in touch with one potential candidate. Advertising was also under way using Indeed, HALC, the council website and newsletter.
8. Risk management: -a schedule of proposed changes to the risk assessment of the canoe launch site had been circulated before the meeting. Some of the new entries were being dealt with, but it was resolved to approve the additions and consider progress on these items at the next meeting.
9. Items for next meeting agenda: –
9.1 Draft year end accounts, including reserves
10. Next meeting: – Wednesday 18 March 2020 at 6.30pm in Walford Village Hall meeting room
The meeting closed at 19:22