Held at Walford Village Hall
Monday 16 March 2020 at 7.30pm
Present: – Councillors: Joanne Akers (Chair), Karen Chinn, Simeon Cole, Monica van Lienden
In attendance: Richard Abolins (Clerk), 1 members of the public
1. Apologies: – Bob Puzey
2. Declarations of interest: – none.
3. Adoption of Minutes of previous meeting: –
It was resolved to adopt the minutes and confidential minutes of the meeting held on 26 February 2020 as a true and accurate record. They were signed by the Chair.
4. Public participation session: –
There were no questions from the public.
5. Training: – the Clerk reported that the Monitoring Officer would give the training at no cost before one of the Council meetings. It was resolved to accept this offer, but a date couldn’t be set until the coronavirus pandemic was over. Action – Clerk
6. Items for next meeting agenda: –
6.1 Code of conduct training
6.2 Recruitment progress
7. Next meeting: – Monday 6 April 2020 at 7.30pm in Walford Village Hall meeting room
It was resolved that the public should be asked to leave the room
8. Confidential closed session: –
8.1 A local clerk had asked for more information relating to the clerk’s vacant position and Cllr Akers was in touch with him. Advertising was going into Indeed, the website, the newsletter and on HALC’s website
8.2 The Clerk had begun preparation of handover notes and circulated a list of topics to be included. He asked for members to let him know if anything had been missed out. He is planning to have the internal audit and AGAR completed before he retires, ready for approval by the Council. The Committee wished to discuss other matters relating to the clerk’s employment and asked him to leave the room for a few minutes.
The Clerk left the room
The Committee made a resolution for the confidential minutes.
The Clerk entered the room
The Clerk confirmed that if a successor was not in place before 30 April, he would be available for a hand over after then.
8.3 It was resolved to approve the Clerk’s holiday dates.
8.4 The Indeed advert for the WCSS Co-ordinator had been re-vamped and there had been much more response. The aim is to start telephone screening at the end of this week. In the short term, there may be a change in emphasis in the job because of the coronavirus pandemic and this would be discussed with the candidates.
The meeting closed at 20:21