Minutes of Neighbourhood Planning Committee
Held at Walford Village Hall
Monday 15 April 2019 at 7.00pm
Councillors: Neil Parfitt (Chairman), Michael Agyeman, Dave Berry, Simeon Cole and Frank Myers
Non- council members: Jon Stern (arrived 7.05pm)
In attendance: Richard Abolins (Clerk), 2 members of the public.
1. Apologies for absence were received from Councillor Alston (business)
2. Declarations of interest and written requests for dispensation – none
3. Minutes – it was RESOLVED to adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 4 March 2019 as a true and accurate record. They were signed by the Chairman
4. Neighbourhood Development Plan
4.1 NP had spoken with Samantha Banks at Herefordshire Council. Carla Johnson deals with Walford but is away ill and will call on her return later this week. Samantha will meet after Easter and when NP has details, he will circulate for anyone else to attend. In researching the background, NP used the Herefordshire Council website to find how other parishes are faring and circulated a map of the county showing various degrees of progress. FM asked NP to circulate the link to everyone.
After general discussion, a list of issues was drawn up to take to the meeting with Samantha
• Progress on call for sites document
• Clarity on settlement boundaries
• Sustainability of infrastructure; transport in particular
• Any issues that Herefordshire Council have with Walford PC.
It was agreed that until there was clarity with Herefordshire Council expectations, the committee was debating uncertainties.
4.2 FM had met with Andrew Blake of AONB. He will send a guidance document which has been used by other parishes in AONB areas.
4.3 This had largely been dealt with under 4.1, but the committee will continue to seek advice from neighbouring parishes on how their plans have progressed.
5. Items for next agenda
5.1 Follow up on action items.
6. The date of the next meeting – will be 20 May 2019 at 7.00 in Walford Village Hall
The meeting closed at 7.30pm