If you need assistance in the coming months, the following local services are able to help:
- Woods of Whitchurch are a local food hub for people to buy stock + offering a takeaway/drive-thru service https://en-gb.facebook.com/woodsofwhitchurch Telephone: 01600 891021
- Inn on the Wye, Walford is taking orders for a £20 grocery box scheme. Website: www.innonthewye.co.uk. Contact: 01600 890872.
- Colts Village Stores and Filling Station, Bishopswood are stocked with essentials. Telephone: 01594862959
- CrossKeys Pub in Goodrich is taking orders for a £20 grocery box scheme but is closed for business. E-mail: email@example.com. Contact 01600 890692
- Sainsburys is setting aside the first hour of shopping every Thursday for elderly and vulnerable shoppers. This will be 8am to 9am in Ross. Online customers who are over 70 years of age or have a disability will have priority access to online delivery slots so register for Sainsburys shopping now to get this priority treatment. www.sainsburys.co.uk.
- Old Court Hotel in Whitchurch and The Hostelrie in Goodrich are now closed for business but Whitchurch Spice Tandoori (The Crown), Whitchurch is taking orders and delivering. It doesn’t have a website but has a Facebook page of the same name. Telephone: 01600 890808. Mobile: 07422404777
There are Good Neighbours and Community Support Schemes that can offer help and support to those who are elderly, vulnerable or need to self-isolate in the following two Parishes:
Walford Parish (which includes Walford, Bishopswood, Bulls/Leys/Howle Hill and Coughton) contact Walford Community Support Scheme. Website: www.walford-pc.org.uk/parish-life/community-support-scheme. Contact: 07493171430
Goodrich & Welsh Bicknor Parish (which includes Symonds Yat East) doesn’t have a Good Neighbours Scheme but the Parish Council recognises that there might be people who may need help (and can offer help). Please contact Miss A Jones (Clerk) Tel. 01600 890466 (answer-machine) Email. firstname.lastname@example.org
The situation is fast changing, so further updates will be published as we get more information.