Minutes of Walford Parish Council Extraordinary Meeting
Held at Walford Village Hall
Monday 14 August 2019 at 7.00pm
Present: Councillors: Monica van Lienden (Chair), Ian Matthews (Vice-Chair), Simeon Cole, Ruth Dolman, Richard Jackson, Elizabeth Jordan, Sian Newbert and Bob Puzey
In attendance: Yolande Watson (Ward Councillor) and 8 members of the public.
In the Clerk’s absence, Cllr Matthews volunteered to take the minutes.
- Apologies – Councillors Joanne Akers (holiday), Karen Chinn (holiday), Eric Drummond and Heather Evans. Clerk, Richard Abolins (illness)
- Declaration of interests – Cllr Cole declared an interest in item 4.1.4.
- Adoption of Minutes of previous meeting
It was resolved to adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 8 July 2019 as a true and accurate record. They were signed by the Chair.
A member of the public expressed their opinion that the original decision in application 192657 to place a time limit on the placement of mobile homes on the site for persons solely employed for agriculture was reasonable and was still required. However, they would like this to be extended owing to the impact to the AONB and its location rather than to remove the condition entirely and allow the permanent sighting of mobile homes on the site. The Applicant in 4.1.4 wanted to clarify that the application was for the removal of Condition 1 only which refers to the time limit on the placement and is on condition that caravans are used for seasonal workers, if this not the case the caravans would need to be removed.
- 192659 Work to trees covered by TPO; Kyrle House, 9 Cedar Grove, Coughton, H9 5RY.
Councillors felt that the proposed work was excessive and the removal of 5m would destroy the appearance of the tree, which was relatively rare and part of the heritage of the area. Since the tree was not diseased, it was felt that a professional assessment should be carried out by an arboriculturalist. It was resolved to object to the proposed works.
- 192245 change of use to extend garden and erect a garage; 2 Crossways, Howle Hill, HR9 5SP
There was concern about potential future development since the proposed garage was large, however there were no objections.
- 192632 proposed new dwelling; Coughton Lawn, Walford, HR9 5RY
There were no objections
- 192657 removal of condition to enable permanent retention of mobile homes; Coleraine Buildings, Coughton, HR9 5SG
Cllr Cole left the room having declared an interest in the application.
Although there were comments that the land should be returned to agricultural use, the consensus was that an extension to the condition would be acceptable to prevent it becoming a permanent site. It was resolved to object to the application and to suggest an extension to Condition 1.
Cllr Cole re-joined the meeting
- It was resolved to adopt the policy for dealing with planning applications
- Next meeting – Wednesday 4 September 2019 at 7.30pm in Bishopswood Village Hall
The Chair closed the meeting at 7.35pm