Minutes of NDP Steering Group 22 October 2019

Held at Walford Village Hall
Monday October 22nd 2019 at 19:00

Present:
Councillors: Simeon Cole, Bob Puzey
Non- council members: Andrew De La Haye (Chair), Chris Barron, Dave Berry and Jon Stern

In attendance: No members of the public were in attendance

1. Apologies for absence – Ian Matthews

2. Declarations of interest and written requests for dispensation – none

3. Minutes – it was resolved to adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 2nd October 2019 as a true and accurate record. They were signed by the Chair.

4. Public participation session
No members of the public were present

5. Consultants
5.1 The interview with Bill Bloxham had gone well. He had impressed with his approach and track record with some 30 NDPs to his credit. Also demonstrated the ability to “think out of the box” when seeking resolution to issues. Max Bassett to be interviewed later in the week.
5.2 It was resolved that the plan of work would follow that presented by Bill Bloxham in quotes 001 and 002. The content should be remapped to suit the requirements for grant funding application.
5.3 It was agreed that the contract would be amended as follows:
5.3.1 Appendix 1 to be per quotations 001 and 002 plus the anticipated quotation from Max.
5.3.2 Contract to be amended to reflect the feedback from Parish Council meeting of 12th September 2019.
5.3.3 Section 20 to show email address for Andrew De La Haye and Clerk. Postal of Clerk only and email of Bill Bloxham.
5.3.4 Need to clarify whether separate contracts or not. Preference is to contract directly with Bill Bloxham only.
5.3.5 Appendix 2 payment schedule to be three stages: Start Reg 14, Submission of Reg 16 and Completion of examination; with the option to process part payment invoicing.

6. Finance
6.1 It was agreed that the total Budget for the project would consist:
6.1.1 Bill Bloxham quotes 001 and 002.
6.1.2 Max Bassett quote.
6.1.3 Website £400
6.1.4 Mapping license £200
6.1.5 Printing £400
6.1.6 Mailshot £500
6.1.7 Events £750
6.1.8 Press £240
Dave Berry to prepare contract plus budgets for 2020 and 2021.
6.2 Dave Berry to prepare submission for funding based on contract and budget. Plus, also check of “Awards for All” funding application process.

7. Communications
7.1 NDP table to consist:
7.1.1 Big map plus Community right to bid sticker board on display stand
7.1.2 Introduction leaflet.
7.1.3 Copy of Questionnaire
7.1.4 Reading list of Hereford Council guides.
7.1.5 Sites documents.
Focus to be on getting people to subscribe to website to keep up to date and get them to a Launch event.
Hour long shift on the stand:
11:00am – Chris Barron
12:00am – Andrew De La Haye
1:00pm – Dave Berry
2:00pm – Jon Stern
3:00pm – Simeon Cole
7.2 It was resolved to hold two Launch events on the same day one at each of the Village Halls. Date agreed as Saturday 23rd November. Bob Puzey to check and organise booking of halls. Focus of Launch event is to bring attendees up to date and highlight issues:
7.2.1 Overall plan (plan on a page)
7.2.2 Where we are now.
7.2.3 Call for sites review.
7.2.4 Questionnaire conclusions.
7.2.5 Gaps that need filling.
7.2.6 Reading materials.
7.2.7 Q & A session.
Needs to be a rehearsed presentation.

8. Planning
8.1 Chris Barron to draw up a timeline suitable for supporting grant funding application.

9. Other items
9.1 There were no other items.

10. Public participation session
10.1 No members of the public were present

11. Items for next meeting agenda
11.1 Standard agenda items
11.2 Appointment of Interim Chair to cover Andrew De La Haye holiday period.

12. Date of next meeting
13th November. Advanced apologies received from Chris Barron and Jon Stern.

The Chair closed the meeting at 20:52.