WALFORD PARISH COUNCIL Minutes of Neighbourhood Planning Committee 20th August 2019
Held at Walford Village Hall Tuesday 20 August 2019 at 19:00
Present: Councillors: Ian Matthews, Bob Puzey Non- council members: Andrew De La Haye (Chair), Dave Berry and Jon Stern
In attendance: Richard Abolins (Clerk), two members of the public.
1. Apologies for absence – Councillor Simeon Cole (prior engagement)
2. Declarations of interest and written requests for dispensation – none
3. Minutes – it was resolved to adopt the minutes of the meeting held on 13 August 2019 as a true and accurate record. They were signed by the Chair.
4. Public participation session A resident asked how far the plan had progressed. The chair explained that process was being rebuilt and the detail would emerge later in the meeting. A resident asked if there was a target number of houses to be built and whether there was a split in the type of housing. The answer was a 14% increase in the period 2011-2031 which equated to 91 houses. The proportion of the different types was not fixed but need to be broadly in line with the Core Strategy.
5. Working groups and themes
5.1 The intention is to present the project planning documents to the Council for its approval. When this has been agreed, the steering group can progress to the content of the plan. It was resolved to present the document to the Council to be noted.
5.1.1 The statutory deliverables document is not up for debate; it needs to be understood.
5.1.2 The Chair presented a Gannt chart of the outline plan. Parts of this were fixed in terms of the time they would take, but the drafting of the NDP itself was the indeterminate element and the critical part of this was the appointment of consultants. The Chair also presented a network diagram which flowed from the sources of information, through the analysis of this information to the production of the vision, objectives and the plan itself. There was significant discussion over the process with little positive outcome
• Consultants should be appointed because they have the expertise to manage the process more efficiently
• The steering group should steer the consultants based on the recommendations received from them
• Further discussion on the project plan should be suspended until a clear approach is received from the consultants. In the meantime, members should familiarise themselves with the information available.
• In anticipation of Council approving the appointment of a consultant, Jon Stern will draft the interview process
5.1.3 The document standards were agreed.
5.2 Following the discussion in
5.1.2, themes were no longer relevant for discussion
5.3 Following the discussion in 5.1.2, themes were no longer relevant for discussion
5.4 Following the discussion in 5.1.2, themes were no longer relevant for discussion
5.5 Following the discussion in 5.1.2, themes were no longer relevant for discussion
WALFORD PARISH COUNCIL Minutes of Neighbourhood Planning Committee
20 August 2019 Page 2 of 2
6. Document management 6.1 The procedure was agreed. Chris Barron will act as the Document Controller.
7. Public participation session A resident asked if there was a budget for the process. There was an overall budget, but until a consultant was appointed and a project plan produced, it could not be more specific.
8. Items for next meeting agenda Consultants Funding Communications strategy Project plan update
9. Date of next meeting Tuesday 10 September at 19:00 in Walford Village Hall
The Chair closed the meeting at 21:04.