Draft Minutes of Annual Parish Meeting
Held at Walford Church – St Michael and All Angels
Wednesday 13 February 2019 at 7.30pm
Councillors: Frank Myers (Chairman)
As members of the public: Murray Alston, Dave Berry, Simeon Cole, Eric Drummond, Heather Evans, Sophie Hurley, Angus McIntosh
Four members of the public
In attendance: Richard Abolins (Clerk)
- The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting and explained that it was an opportunity for the Parish Council to understand the needs of the parish.
- The minutes of the meeting held on 4 April 2018 were approved and signed by the Chairman.
- The Chairman presented the annual report (attached) and elaborated on its content.
Karen Chinn has done a good job with finance and helped to fill the void when Catherine left. Lengthsman and Right of Way work is up to date with a view that prevention is better than cure. The Chairman emphasised that all the work done by councillors is on a voluntary basis and thanked them for all their efforts.
It has been a year of consolidation at the Kerne Bridge Canoe Launch. A site that was busy, unmanaged and congested is now managed and the traffic flows have been smoothed out. The Canoe Launch has generated funds which has enabled us to maintain the Community Support Scheme without having to raise the precept. The work of the WCSS – social work, reducing loneliness, partnership with the school, etc – is being recognised by other parishes.
With the election on 2 May, the current council will cease, and a new council will continue its work.
- There were no questions or comments from members of the electorate.
- The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting at 18:47.