We now have a vacancy for a Parish Clerk as a result of the impending retirement of the existing clerk.
Walford is a busy Parish with an active Council appointed following elections in April 2019. In addition to monthly Council meetings, there is a Finance Committee, Personnel Committee and working groups covering Planning (including NDP), Community Engagement, Safety and the Environment. The Council also operates a Community Support Scheme which is funded by various grants and income from the Kerne Bridge Canoe Launch.
The role of the Clerk is currently contracted for 12 hours per week with salary based on the NJC national scale and commensurate with experience and qualifications. CILCA and/or accountancy qualifications would be a significant advantage.
The job description and person specification is available HERE but in summary key responsibilities include:
- To ensure that statutory and other provisions affecting the running of the council are observed.
- To monitor and balance the council’s accounts and prepare records for audit purposes and VAT.
- To ensure that the council’s obligations for risk assessment and management are properly met.
- To prepare, in consultation with the appropriate members, agendas for meetings of the council and committees. To attend such meetings and prepare minutes for approval.
- To attend all meetings of the council and all meetings of its committees.
- To receive and deal with, in accordance with the council’s procedures, any or all correspondence and documents.
- To receive and report on invoices for goods and services for the council and to ensure such accounts are met. To issue invoices on behalf of the council and to ensure payment is received.
- To study reports and other data on activities of the council. Where appropriate, to allocate reports to members of the council for scrutiny, and to produce reports for circulation and discussion by the council.
- To advise on the practicality and likely effects of specific courses of action, proposed by the council.
- To monitor the implemented policies of the council to ensure they are achieving the desired results and, where appropriate, suggest changes.
- To act as the representative of the council as required.
- To issue notices and prepare agendas and minutes for the Annual Parish Meeting. To attend the Parish Meeting and to implement the decisions made at the Parish Meeting, as agreed by the council.
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter to email@example.com